From Francisco Viramontes <p...@freshout.us>
Subject couchdb and monit
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:49:10 GMT
Hey Guys

has anyone tried to monitor couch with monit?

I am using this settings and monit successfully monitors but when
couchdb dies it fails to restart the service and I can find out why

here is my couchdb.monitrc file:

check process couchdb
   with pidfile /var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid
   start program = "/etc/init.d/couchdb start"
   stop program = "/etc/init.d/couchdb stop"
   if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 5984 then restart
   if failed url http://localhost:5984/ and content == '"couchdb"'
then restart
   group couchdb

BTW I am using couch 0.9.1 and about once a day it dies on me the only
thing I get from the log are strange erlang error messages saying OS
procees timeout, anyone know whats that about?

PAco