From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: couchdb and monit
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:56:49 GMT
I've changed mine to do the -r 5and to send an alert if it is not running.
as long as -r 5 does what it is suppose to do everything will be ok
if it fails at least I'll know about is - this is where monit is useful, no
matter how smart/capable an erlang app is "suppose" to be, I'd like to know
if it goes down :)

Nick

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>wrote:

> Understood. All I'm saying is that Erlang applications should already
> have rich support for process restarting, heartbeat/keep-alive.
>
> monit is a generic wrapper to add those things when they are absent. A
> correctly configured Erlang application shouldn't need monit, imo.
>
> B.
>
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Francisco Viramontes <paco@freshout.us>
> wrote:
> > I dunno but I tried with the respawn parameter for couchdb command in
> Gentoo
> > but it did not work. Also I have other services setup with monit so its
> more
> > convenient for me to have everything in one place.
> >
> > PAco
> > On Oct 5, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Robert Newson wrote:
> >
> >> Isn't couchdb (at least in the Debian package) monitored by heart?
> >>
> >> B.

> of

> paco@freshout.us>

> then