From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: couchdb and monit
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 07:45:09 GMT
My monit script is verbatim, as monit is run as root I want couchdb
run as couchdb so do the following

check process couchdb with pidfile /var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid
  start program = "/usr/bin/sudo -u couchdb /usr/bin/couchdb -b -o
/dev/null -e /dev/null -p /var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid"
  stop program  = "/usr/bin/sudo -u couchdb /usr/bin/couchdb -b -o
/dev/null -e /dev/null -p /var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid -d"

try that and see what happens...