From Miles Fidelman <>
Subject Re: massive replication?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:45:36 GMT
Chris Anderson wrote:
> If you do a hub-and-spoke or ring topology you can simplify the
> replication problem a bit. But a gossip protocol is more resistant to
> down nodes. I'd like to see a replication bus in the open source
> project.
> However, continuous replication will pretty much work.
The environment we're looking at is more of a mesh where connectivity is
coming up and down - think mobile ad hoc networks.

I like the idea of a replication bus, perhaps using something like
spread ( or spines ( as a
multi-cast fabric.

I'm thinking something like continuous replication - but where the
updates are pushed to a multi-cast port rather than to a specific node,
with each node subscribing to update feeds.

Anybody have any thoughts on how that would play with the current
replication and conflict resolution schemes?

Miles Fidelman