From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows build of erlang
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2009 01:07:58 GMT
On 16/10/2009 8:49 AM, Norman Barker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you are building erlang under cygwin to follow the couchdb 0.10
> windows instructions, turn off your on-access virus scanner (McAfee in
> my case), it leaks memory, may be because of cygwin who knows, but
> results in nasty Windows crash with lots of CreateProcessA errors and
> nothing else works in the OS either.  A hard reboot is the only way
> out.
>
> Turning off the scanner works ok,
>
> I had to make the following change to
>
> otp_src_R13B02-1\lib\gs\tcl\Makefile.in

FYI, I just added a 'SKIP' file to the lib/gs dir, meaning the couchdb
binaries I've made available simply have no tcl support at all.

> and I wasn't able to get the enviroment to pick up wxwidgets or
> openssl but everything else was good!

I donwloaded the SLL binary installer pointed to by the erlang readme
and it worked "as advertised" (ie, magically just worked).  The install
had the result of adding a OPENSSL_CONF variable to my environment which
is how I suspect the magic works...

Cheers,

Mark