From Julian Goacher <julian.goac...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal regarding reserved names
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:47:20 GMT
Hello,

With respect to http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Reserved_words: I'm a
developer currently writing an application framework layered over couchdb.
The framework needs to annotate  user documents with additional state
information. Prior to recent releases, my framework used property names
beginning with an underscore to store these annotations (following the
convention that such names are separate from the user data). As things
stand, this is no longer possible, but I was wondering if the couchdb dev
team would consider allocating a specific property name - e.g. something
like _meta - specifically for this use case. The idea would be that the
property could then be used by third party developers to house any values
considered orthogonal to the document data.

Example:

{
    "_meta":{
        "plink_framework_property_a": 23,
        "plink_framework_property_b": "2009-10-29T00:00:00Z"
    }
}

Regards,

/julian