From Matt Goodall <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How could I use CouchDB in an e-commerce app?
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:07:11 GMT
2009/10/27 Paulo Cassiano <pcassiano@gmail.com>:
> Every e-commerce app shows at least one product's picture, along with
> descriptions and other useful information. Does CouchDB supports images -
> JPEG, GIF and so on - files?

Each CouchDB doc can have multiple attachments, see
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API#Attachments.

I would say a "product" makes an almost perfect CouchDB document. The
document itself could contain whatever data the product needed to
describe it (description, options, price, bulk prices, etc, etc) and
the images of the product would be its attachments.

> How could I use CouchDB in an e-commerce app?

That's a much bigger question ;-).

- Matt