From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Proposal regarding reserved names
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:44:28 GMT
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:19:18PM +0000, Julian Goacher wrote:
> I think this is a slightly different use case though. The framework sits as
> a layer between the user and the db; I don't want the user to wrap their
> data to use the framework. Rather, I want to annotate a user generated
> document with additional data - which is essentially what the existing
> underscored names currently do.

I make the following observation: if you don't want to wrap the user's
object, then you must already have a contract with your user that the object
they are storing must not have any property starting with an underscore
(because that would be rejected by CouchDB).

So why not just extend this contract to say that they cannot have a property
called $meta or meta_ or some other property name that you reserve?

Regards,

Brian.