From shaol...@gmx.de
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:20:28 GMT
Hi!

I am using CouchDB 0.10 with jcouchdb 0.10.0-2 in a Java project. In my CouchDB database are
~300.000 documents. I create a view which includes all documents of the db and 3 key fields.

I query this view and my result set has ~4400 documents. The view was already built and needed
about 7 minutes. I measured the time for the same query multiple times and get the following
performance (ms):

1586
864
601
242
231
319
244
253
302
338
268
246
240
275
253
274
250

I need to know what leads to that performance result? I think for the first query the B+-tree
nodes (including root) has to be cached. 1585 ms for that operation is pretty slow! But why
does the second and third query need about (600-800) ms? After the third query the time is
about 250-300 ms. Does CouchDB has some optimizations? So couchdb realizes I perform the same
query multiple times and after the third time it keeps the result set in the cache?

Hope you can help me! Thx a lot.