From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: conflict resolving
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:52:42 GMT
On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 11:59:14AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> There's no server side resolution yet. Its been discussed but nothing
> has been implemented.
>
> Off the top of my head, the hardest part would be figuring out the
> mechanics of triggering the resolver function. Perhaps implementing it
> as working over a view would be easiest, but that much coupling makes
> be a bit queazy.

My view is that resolving should be done at read time.

The easiest way of doing this would be that if there are document conflicts,
*all* versions of the document are presented to the client when it asks for
a particular document.  At the moment you get just one version "at random",
unless you work quite hard to ask explicitly for all the versions.