From Simon Eisenmann <si...@struktur.de>
Subject Re: Replication hangs
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:23:05 GMT
Hi,

Am Montag, den 19.10.2009, 10:04 -0400 schrieb Paul Davis:
> >> Also, you might try setting up the continuous replication instead
> of
> >> the update notifications as that might be a bit more ironed out.
> >
> > I already have considered that, though as long there is no way to
> figure
> > out if a continous replication is still up and running i cannot use
> it,
> > cause i have to restart it when a node fails and comes up again
> later.
>
> Hmm. Doesn't the _local doc for the continuous replication show if its
> still in progress? Oh, though it might not have a specific flag
> indicating as such.

I changed the system to use continuous replication and checkin the
_local doc to make sure it's still running. That way everything works
fine and i cannot reproduce any hangs.

Though in the logs i now see lots of

[info] [<0.164.0>] A server has restarted sinced replication start. Not
recording the new sequence number to ensure the replication is redone
and documents reexamined.

Messages. I posted this in IRC yesterday and was told that this is
nothing to worry about. So what exactly does it mean and why it is
logged with info level when it can be ignored?

If that message is nothing critical i would suggest to log it with debug
level, as it is shown at any replication checkpoint on any node as soon
as one of the other nodes was offline.

Best regards
Simon

--
Simon Eisenmann

[ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]

[ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
[ T. +49.711.896656.68 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
[ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]