From Simon Eisenmann <si...@struktur.de>
Subject Re: Replication hangs
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:09:58 GMT
Am Montag, den 19.10.2009, 11:00 -0400 schrieb Adam Kocoloski:
> Hi Simon, I'm not sure I follow why chunked responses require new
> connections, but in any event, I'm fairly certain that responses to
> _replicate are not chunked.

Hi Adam,

well afaik chunked connections cannot be reused. At least if i try it i
get a bad status line from the server. This might be another CouchDB
issue though. The chunked connections keep answering with empty lines
instead of returning a new HTTP status line. I am not that deep inside
the HTTP protocol to know if that is intentional.

> (Digression more appropriate for dev@) Does the client really have any
> control over whether the responses are chunked?  I guess the "right"
> way to force no chunking from the client side would be to make an HTTP/
> 1.0 request (with Connection: keep-alive if you still want the
> connection pool).  We should check at some point to see if that
> actually works.

Ok i see your point. Though i am using a single connection pool for all
couch interaction. Of course i can use a different one for the
replication stuff.

Simon

--
Simon Eisenmann

[ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]

[ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
[ T. +49.711.896656.68 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
[ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]