From Simon Eisenmann <si...@struktur.de>
Subject Re: Replication hangs
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:16:30 GMT
Am Montag, den 19.10.2009, 10:04 -0400 schrieb Paul Davis:
> Simon,
>
> >> Also, you might try setting up the continuous replication instead of
> >> the update notifications as that might be a bit more ironed out.
> >
> > I already have considered that, though as long there is no way to figure
> > out if a continous replication is still up and running i cannot use it,
> > cause i have to restart it when a node fails and comes up again later.
>
> Hmm. Doesn't the _local doc for the continuous replication show if its
> still in progress? Oh, though it might not have a specific flag
> indicating as such.

Ok i will dig into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

> >> Another thing to check is if its just the task status that's wonky vs
> >> actual replication. You can check the _local doc that's created by
> >> replication to see if its update seq is changing while task statuses
> >> aren't.
> >
> > If only the status would hang, i should be able to start up the
> > replication again correct? Though this hangs as well.
> >

> Touch├ę. Can you perhaps increase the logging level to see if it prints
> something useful as to what its doing before getting wedged?

I am currently running in debug level. Is there any more detailed log
level?

Best regards
Simon

--
Simon Eisenmann

[ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]

[ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
[ T. +49.711.896656.68 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
[ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]