From Simon Eisenmann <si...@struktur.de>
Subject Re: Replication hangs
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:14:56 GMT
Am Montag, den 19.10.2009, 10:04 -0400 schrieb Adam Kocoloski:
> On Oct 19, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Simon Eisenmann wrote:
>
> > Paul,
> >
> > Am Montag, den 19.10.2009, 09:53 -0400 schrieb Paul Davis:
> >> Hmmm, that sounds most odd. Are there any consistencies on when it
> >> hangs? Specifically, does it look like its a poison doc that causes
> >> things to go wonky or some such? Do nodes fail in a specific order?
> >
> > The only specificness i see is that somehow the slowest node never
> > seems
> > to fail. The other two nodes have roughly the same performance.
> >
> >> Also, you might try setting up the continuous replication instead of
> >> the update notifications as that might be a bit more ironed out.
> >
> > I already have considered that, though as long there is no way to
> > figure
> > out if a continous replication is still up and running i cannot use
> > it,
> > cause i have to restart it when a node fails and comes up again later.
> >
> >> Another thing to check is if its just the task status that's wonky vs
> >> actual replication. You can check the _local doc that's created by
> >> replication to see if its update seq is changing while task statuses
> >> aren't.
> >
> > If only the status would hang, i should be able to start up the
> > replication again correct? Though this hangs as well.
>
> Hi Simon, is this hang related to the accept_failed bug report you
> just filed[1], or is it separate? Best,
>
> Adam
>
> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-536

Hi Adam,

i would consider it separate. The accept_failed issue happens only when
having lots and lots of changes

(essentially while True { put couple of docs, query views, delete docs})

Simon

--
Simon Eisenmann

[ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]

[ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
[ T. +49.711.896656.68 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
[ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]