From Adam Wolff <awo...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple IDs for one document
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:45:25 GMT
Hi list,We have a little data modeling problem and I'm wondering there's a
pat solution for it.

We have documents that look like this: {
   ids : ["a", "b"],
   meta:{...}
}

In our system, a process can come along and need to add an id to the ids
list. The ids must be globally unique. The only solution we've thought of is
to give the meta information a uuid, and then write a bunch of documents,
like this:
a : <uuid>
b : <uuid>
<uuid> : {...meta...}

It's messy though, and the handling of write failures is tricky. Is there a
better way to do this that we're missing?

Thanks,