From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple couchjs processes being spawned
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 03:24:55 GMT
The algorithm for CouchDB's use of OS processes is pretty simple:

"Give me an os process plz"

If none are available, then it creates a new one. A large number of OS
processes would suggest to me that something isn't releasing OS
processes correctly. My first guess would be to look at _list and
_show as those both require an OS process, but are also at the mercy
of client connection semantics. I might be reaching a bit, but I
wonder if CouchRest is failing to close sockets properly. Its not much
more than a random finger pointing, but there have been other errors
recently that also suggest CouchRest isn't doing proper socket
handling.

The other possibility is there's something weird with killing
processes, but couchspawnkillable should've fixed that.

HTH,
Paul Davis