From venkata subbarayudu <avsrit2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication over internet
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:24:10 GMT
Hi,
           I am new to couchdb, and to setup followed the instructions of
'README' file from trunk, everything is working fine, I have the dbs with
desingDocuments as well,to start couchdb I usually use the command
'/usr/local/etc/init.d/couchdb start', command, and now I want to specify
the configs at runtime. and so I have used the following "

su -c'/usr/local/bin/couchdb -c usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini -b -r
5 -p /home/couchdb/testpid/couchdb.pid -o /dev/null -e /dev/null'
couchdb" (got from:
http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-lounge/wiki/SettingUpTwoCouchInstances)

I actually wants to give the pid file location at runtime.

I was able to start couchdb, using the above command, but is unable to
execute the designDocuments.( If I get the docs using the
desingDocuments it displays nothing.)

If I start using the normal way, then I am able to see. Can somebody
please suggest is the second way that I am using to start couchdb is
correct?. ( I didn't change the viewIndex directory from the time I
started)

Thanks for your help,
Subbarayudu.