From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jQuery dependency (Re: Futon Improvements)
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:08:45 GMT
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM, cinnebar <merz.online@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Building yet another abstraction so we could swap jQuery with Prototype,
> etc doesn't make
>> sense to me.
>
> Im not convinced that building a loose coupled jquery Futon is the way to go
> but I am interested in the discussion.

I don't see the point, jquery is a design decision made by developpers
to speed their developments and allowing couchdb to have an admin
interface. Contesting this choice would be like saying couchdb would
be better in __________ language of your choice.

Now if the question is more like having some pure js abstraction to
couchdb distributed with couchdb, I'm agree it would be nice but not
really needed.

- benoƮt