From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jQuery dependency (Re: Futon Improvements)
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:51:27 GMT
cinnebar, I hope you are sincere in your desire to help. I've haven't
seen you being particularly helpful, but then I haven't been reading
your all your posts very closely either. However, you've definitely
been disrespectful to others and if you wish participate in this
community I suggest you so in a respectful manner.

In regards to JQuery functionality. You absolutely, positively DO NOT
need to use JQuery to use or administer CouchDB. You can do everything
through simple tools like command line CURL if you want.

Futon is a set of static files in special dir served up via the
Mochiweb server. Futon definitely has dependency on JQuery. If you
want a client that doesn't have a dependency on JQuery, then lead an
effort to make one and the PMC will consider it for inclusion into the
project. Feel free to organize such an effort on our mailling lists.

-Damien