From "Moore, Alan BGI SF" <Alan.Mo...@barclaysglobal.com>
Subject RE: Futon Improvements
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:48:36 GMT
I see Futon as completely separate from CouchDb core - it's great for
setting things up and finding out what's going on, but in a production
use of CouchDb I'll write my own tools/ui appropriate to my application
use.

I don't really care whether it uses jQuery or not, except in the fact
that if I wanted to write my own web based ui to my application use of
CouchDb I would want to look at and learn (and contribute) to the effort
that's gone into Futon. And if it uses jQuery and produces good results
through that technique I'd be likely to use it too.

-Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Lehnardt [mailto:jan@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:20 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Futon Improvements

On 10 Sep 2009, at 20:12, cinnebar wrote:

> My motivation for making the comment about non jquery dependency stems

> primarily from our commitment to adopting CouchDb in out own systems
> and a desire to increase user base and therefore support and active
> development of CouchDB

Thats a great starting point. Thank you :)

Cheers
Jan

This message and any attachments are confidential, proprietary, and may be privileged.  If
this message was misdirected, Barclays Global Investors (BGI) does not waive any confidentiality
or privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and destroy
the message without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
 The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
reflect the views and opinions of BGI, unless the author is authorized by BGI to express such
views or opinions on its behalf.  All email sent to or from this address is subject to electronic
storage and review by BGI.  Although BGI operates anti-virus programs, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being passed.