From Ning Tan <ning...@gmail.com>
Subject partial replications
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:21:53 GMT
Hi,

When we replicate between a remote database and a local one (pulling
from remote into local), we are observing partial replications,
meaning that we have to issue repeated _replicate calls for the
replication to complete. For a database with 10,000 documents, for
example, it could take up to 7 calls for the entire database to
replicate into an empty one. Each time, the number of documents
replicated over seemed random.

The use case is very simple--replicating a database into an empty one
with no concurrent writes, no additional load or i/o, etc.

Has anybody else seen this, and/or is this expected behavior?

The databases involved are a mixture of the 10.0.x code base natively
built on Ubuntu and Mac.  I can get more detailed information about
the environment if needed.

Thanks.