From Elf <elf2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sort by key
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:39:58 GMT
2009/9/22 Ning Tan <ningtan@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Elf <elf2001@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do not use emit(something, doc), prefer to use include_docs=true (so,
>> emit(something, something_less_than_large_document) when requesting a
>> view.
>
> Can you elaborate on this? What if I have a mostly read database (i.e.
> I don't care too much about view update time and space limitation,
> etc) and want to get to the data very quickly? Having to use
> include_docs means internally I need to query a second b-tree to get
> the data, right?

So, I will recommend you to store documents in a view :-)
But topicstarter is novice in couchdb, so I can't recommend that tactics for it.
Also, I think, second b-tree lookup is not a bottleneck. Bottleneck
may be disk or network bandwidth, so... It's need to test your
environment, not to guessing.

--
Best regards