From Göran Krampe <go...@krampe.se>
Subject Re: Varnish and Multi-doc Fetch?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:19:03 GMT
Zachary Zolton wrote:
> Göran,
>
> I'm no Varnish expert, but it my informal testing (which means just
> tailing the CouchDB log) I could see that when I request a page the
> first time I saw a bunch of GETs, and when I hit refresh, the GETs
> were not repeated. So, I'd have to assume Varnish respects the Etags.

Mmmm, no :). What you can assume is that it does indeed show "cache
behavior". But AFAIK it is purely based on a TTL. Which probably is 120
seconds per default.

I looked into this in detail a while back and couldn't come to any other
conclusion than that in fact, Varnish doesn't do etags at all.

Which is a pity because otherwise Varnish looks quite cool.

regards, Göran