From eric casteleijn <eric.castele...@canonical.com>
Subject Adding users through http
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:44:32 GMT
I have been struggling with this for a few hours, I googled around, and
looked in the testcases, but I can't seem to get it to work:

What is the correct way of adding a user through http, and what is the
correct way of granting that user an admin role?

The first surprise is that it seems to be:

curl -X POST -d "username=thisfred2&password=password"
http://localhost:5984/_user

rather than a JSON body. At least, this was suggested to me, and works,
or at least returns {"ok": "true"} (note the JSON) when the user doesn't
already exists.

How do I now create an admin user, or make an existing user an admin?

I think I'm just missing a few pieces of the puzzle, but perhaps since
it's a very small puzzle with not very many pieces to begin with, this
has me completely stumped.

--
- eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred