From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: View to find someone in a list in a document
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:54:56 GMT
Style police!

On 2 Sep 2009, at 19:00, Simon Metson wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Do you mean you want to emit each user as a key? Something like:
>
> function(doc) { for (v in doc.users) { emit(doc.users[v], doc); }

is better written as

function(doc) { for (var v in doc.users) { emit(doc.users[v], doc); }

if you leave out the `var` you create a global variable (as opposed to
a local variable in JS and that can have funky effects.

better yet:

function(doc) { if(doc.users) { for (var v in doc.users) { emit
(doc.users[v], doc); }}

protects you against errors for documents that doesn't have a `users`
property.

otherwise, excellent advice! :)

Cheers
Jan