From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: couchdb perl modules
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:28:32 GMT
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 06:11:53PM +0100, Michael Stevens wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Does anyone know a good CouchDB perl module? So far I've tried a number of
> options, including Net::CouchDb, CouchDB::Client, and AnyEvent::CouchDB and
> had problems with all of them.

You didn't mention DB::CouchDB::Schema.

I agree with you that all have problems (including
DB::CouchDB::Schema), but all are open source, and I've seen a few of
the authors post to this mailing list in the past.  I'd suggest
picking one that is closest to what you want and/or has the least
problems for your workflow, and see about fixing the problems and
submitting patches (or at the very least submitting feature requests)
to the author(s).

That has worked for me in the past on DB::CouchDB.

For what its worth, I liked the AnyEvent part of AnyEvent::CouchDB,
saw that it was used by the KiokuDB project, and tried to use it, but
at the time I tried I couldn't get admin user and password credentials
to work.  In contrast, DB::CouchDB used LWP::UserAgent to handle the
http connections, and I knew how to get Credentials to work in
LWP::UA, so patching the source was easy and I was on my way.  Then I
wanted bulk_docs semantics, so I added that too (although come to
think of it, I don't know if I pushed that up to my github or wrote
any proper tests for it).

Regards,
James

believed to be clean.