From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is there a way to pass a request parameter to a view ?
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:59:01 GMT

On 25 Sep 2009, at 07:51, go canal wrote:

> thanks for confirming, I think it is acceptable, though not ideal.
>
> Just wondering, since we can modify individual field with Futon, why
> don't we expose the API ? rgds,

The only thing that is not ideal about this is transport cost and
memory usage between the client and CouchDB. This issue came up a few
times and we asked that the reporter go and build a working system and
then show a real-world benchmark (heh) that indicates that this
particular behaviour of CouchDB is a bottleneck. Until then, this is
premature optimization that should be avoided.

Cheers
Jan