From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spidermonkey load function
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:50:01 GMT
ok, (sorry should have been clearer)

I am just looking to add generic functions to main.js - and the
methods will be added to the sandbox to be available in a view, I also
do not wish to load arbitrary functions in a view.  I am not looking
to add many, but main.js is getting big and it would be more
manageable if we could use load (at the moment I am using a
pre-processor to create main.js).

Load will be available in main.js, it will not be available in the
views - the sandbox takes care of that.

I doubt I will be the only one who wants to add generic functions to a
server since _show has been implemented and generic functionality from
external libraries would be useful in this application.

It is easier to maintain if generic functions can be added main.js not
in views as such there either needs to be a pre-process in couchdb to
create the main.js (so a windows batch file or shell script) or the
load() function needs to be enabled or main.js is going to grow and
grow.

Jan, unless I am mistaken CouchApp does not change main.js?

Norman