From Justin Walgran <>
Subject Best practice: adding an app specific chunk to a document
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:47:36 GMT
I'm building a couch app that works with it's own database of
documents or as an add-in to any existing database of documents. In
the case where the app is added to an existing database, I would like
to scan the documents and add a little "meta" section to each one for
storing information relevant to the app. I am very excited by the idea
of "mix in" applications, but this raises a few questions:

Is it wrong to "pollute" the existing documents with my extra meta section?
Are there any thoughts on the best value to use as a key for my data
section to minimize collisions? Is a single master GUID my only

Thanks for the feedback.

View raw message