From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: callback=? parameter expected by jQuery $.ajax() causes couch to complain about bad URL
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 03:46:36 GMT
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Nitin Borwankar<nitin@borwankar.com> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> Nitin,
>>
>> Its not 0.9.1 either, the minor versions are bug fixes only. You'll
>> have to either wait for 0.10.0 or ride trunk to get JSONP.
>>
>> There's nothing with content-type to worry about. The only thing I'm
>> not sure of is if we fixed the _ parameter rejection or not. If not
>> you can just add ignore=true to JSONP requests.
>>

> So for now if  I want to make couch REST calls via javascript in the browser
>  - I use couch.js ?  jquery.couch.js ?
>
> Nitin

JSONP is only required for cross domain requests. If you're using
CouchApps then you can just call to the hosting URL of interest using
normal jquery calls. If you do need the cross domain requests then
there really isn't anything that can be done for 0.9 other than
writing a proxy or overcoming the limitations with a proxy or some
other approach.

HTH,
Paul Davis