From Delta 2038 <delta2...@gmail.com>
Subject proper way to uninstall/reinstall CouchDB
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:24:59 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm wondering what's the proper way to uninstall/reinstall CouchDB? I had
0.9.x checked out of SVN and followed the README file to build/install
CouchDB. Later, checked out trunk and built/installed again, hoping the new
binaries and configs will completely overwrite the 0.9.x ones. However, when
I tried to run the Futon unit tests to verify the trunk install worked, a
lot of tests had cryptic errors. I then tried to build/install the 0.9.x
code base again and still had test errors. (If you want to know the exact
errors, let me know, but I took those to mean I've got a corrupted
installation in general).

What's the proper way to install a newer version of CouchDB, especially for
one built/installed from SVN? A related question is how to completely remove
CouchDB from a system. If I could do that, I should be able to re-install a
newer version as well.

Thanks!