From Delta 2038 <delta2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Validation callouts over HTTP[S]
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:19:15 GMT
On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

validate_doc_update functions probably won't ever be able to access
> anything outside of the data provided in the function signature.
> Allowing a validator to access external resources could end up causing
> lots of weirdness during replication and what not.
>
> That said, the new _update handlers may be open to having HTTP
> support. I'm not entirely certain on the implications here and if we
> do allow it, we'll have to revisit some of the curl handlers.

Are these _update handlers present in 0.9.x or an upcoming release? Where
can I find more information about what they are and how to use them? We're
looking for ways to handle server-side processing of input data such as
modification timestamps, etc. If that's something the _update handlers can
perform, that eliminates at least part of the need to have say a reverse
proxy that's capable of massaging the input data sitting in front of
CouchDB.

Thanks.