From David Nolen <>
Subject Help with CouchDB query
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:05:40 GMT
So far I've really been loving CouchDB but I'm stumped on the best way to
implement a particular query for our application. It's not clear to me
whether what I'm trying to do can be done with views or is best handled by
Basically in our software users create documents which they can share with
people. The user can choose to see documents in any combination of the

1. By url
2. By domain
3. By people the user is friends with
4. By groups the user belongs to

This seems like four different views and 3 and 4 requires multiple keys to
get the data. The problem here is that I'd like to be able to limit the
results and specify a start index for paging. This doesn't seem possible to
me but I'm probably missing something obvious :)

Any help or insight much appreciated.