From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:56:03 GMT
I’m finally back on the Couch.

2009/8/2 Oliver Boermans <boermans@gmail.com>:
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling erlang with macports
> without any change. I’m open to the idea of cleaning out couchdb’s
> dependencies to reinstall them from scratch, but I’m hoping you guys
> might be able to suggest an approach that might be a little less time
> consuming.

For the benefit of those who might follow this path.

At this point I didn’t really know how to reinstall dependencies with
Macports. Thanks to a follow up email from Ozéias Sant'ana I had a
closer look at the Macports docs (and as he suggested), this was worth
the long wait:

$ sudo port -Ruf upgrade couchdb

Thanks for your help guys, the garden paths were particularly educational :-)
Cheers
Ollie

--
A few characters make a difference