From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:26:53 GMT
2009/8/4 Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org>:
> There's an alternative build you could try, standing in a freshly
> untarred copy of the couchdb source, to be on the safe side: `make dev
> && utils/run`

Finally got around to trying this and got what appears to be the same error.

Here’s the whole output in case there is something relevant
<http://www.friendpaste.com/7KqBEJN7StwYjY8I3zkR9p>

As suggested by Noah’s I’m attempting to test the couchdb user:

$ login couchdb
Password:
No home directory  /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb!

Which is weird as I am looking at this directory now.

Do I need to do more than:
$ sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb

To give the couchdb user access to it?

I’m sorry if this is elementary.
Ollie