From Oliver Boermans <>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:26:53 GMT
2009/8/4 Chris Anderson <>:
> There's an alternative build you could try, standing in a freshly
> untarred copy of the couchdb source, to be on the safe side: `make dev
> && utils/run`

Finally got around to trying this and got what appears to be the same error.

Here’s the whole output in case there is something relevant

As suggested by Noah’s I’m attempting to test the couchdb user:

$ login couchdb
No home directory  /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb!

Which is weird as I am looking at this directory now.

Do I need to do more than:
$ sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb

To give the couchdb user access to it?

I’m sorry if this is elementary.

View raw message