From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 09:02:45 GMT
2009/8/2 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
> Hmm, two more things:
>
> make dist-clean (or distclean) && make

I’m not sure what the result of this should be. Should I be doing a
make install next to reinstall?

> Or, blow away the directory and rebuild. Normally I'd say "git reset
> --hard HEAD && git clean -fxd && ./bootstrap && ./configure &&
make
> dev" but you said tarball and I'm not entirely sure on the "reset to
> just untarred state" target is.

Not sure I follow you…
I downloaded a copy of apache-couchdb-0.9.1.tar.gz from
http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
I have deleted the uncompressed copy of the directory before trying:

./configure && make && sudo make install

from a fresh copy.

Should I instead get it from git or svn (http://svn.apache.org)?