From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where are the view indices stored?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:38:05 GMT

On 18 Aug 2009, at 20:23, Jeffrey Melloy wrote:

> Really? ~/Library/Application Support/CouchDBX/ is much more OS X
> standard.
> Storing the databases (or just the indexes) in the app bundle is
> asking for
> trouble.

Yeah, really :) The short-term plan for CouchDBX is not being a full-
fledged
Mac OS X application that follows all conventions but a self-
contained, one-click
CouchDB runner. I don't yet want to deal with updating databases and
weird
custom paths, so I just keep it all in the app bundle. Another upshot
is that if
you are bored, you just trash the bundle.

Down the road, I hope to make a version of CouchDBX that is more aligned
with Mac OS X standards.

Cheers
Jan