From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb on 8 core redhat/fedora
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:36:00 GMT

On 9 Aug 2009, at 07:01, Nitin Borwankar wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I may get *free* access to an 8 core 32G server machine and am
> curious if
> the underlying Erlang layer will automagically spread itself across
> 8 cores
> or does anything need to be done in particular while build, install or
> config?

My experience is that it does. I tested up to 32 cores/threads last
year and saw linear growth to 8-14 cores. Erlang R13B is supposed to
break the 8-14 barrier and the brand new R13B01 goes even further to
remove non-parallelisms in the Erlang VM. I'd suggest you try and make
sure to try Erlang R13B01.

Cheers
Jan