From "David Palmer" <dpal...@molecular.com>
Subject Re: A CMS on top of CouchDB
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:09:23 GMT

On 8/19/09 8:39 AM, "Nils Breunese" <n.breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I work at a company that is currently in the process of evaluating
> different content management systems with a focus on web publishing and
> community features.

There's a small (like 2 or 3 people so far) forming a group to build
something just like this... Its called potato (get it?) a CMS built on top
of couchdb.

So far its only in the "planning" stage and very little code has been
written, but basically our aim is to have a completely decoupled CMS
(meaning the "admin" part isn't tied to the web site.) The major theme is in
publishing, meaning, we won't be hamstringing anyone to a particular way of
publishing. Like, want to put out static HTML? Fine, go for it. Want a
dynamic data-drive site? Awesome, do it!

We (those who are working on this thing) just have been working with content
management systems for years, and have come to the conclusion that most of
the "enterprise" systems all pretty much suck and are painful to work
with... And because we all love couch, we figured we'd try to build our own.

Here's a link: http://gitorious.org/potatocms

I wish we had more, but just thought I'd toss this out there in case anyone
was interested in helping *wink*

-- david

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be private and is the confidential
property of Molecular and its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have
otherwise received this email unlawfully or in error, please delete this email and inform
the sender as soon as possible. This email may not be disclosed, stored, used, published or
copied by anyone other than the intended recipient(s).