From Jan Vincent Liwanag <jvliwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Referential Integrity with Unique IDs
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:21:03 GMT
Hi guys,

For some document type, I have some property 'x' which I'd like to be
unique across all records. However, the value for this property may change.

The way I see it is that I have two options. If I derive the id from
this property 'x', then I am assured of its uniqueness. However, I
cannot easily change the value for property 'x', as the value of the id
depends on it. Moreover, I may have to update all records which refers
to it.

If I use a uuid however, referential integrity is retained. However, I'm
not sure if CouchDB alone can make sure that the value for that property
is unique.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

JV Liwanag