From Matt Aimonetti <>
Subject validation and filtered replication
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:08:42 GMT
Hi guys,

 I'm on CouchDB 0.9.1 and here is what I am trying to do:

- node A, database A (docs have a node flag)
- node B, database B (docs have a node flag)
- node C, database C

I need db A to replicate to db C and db B to replicate to C.
However I want C to only replicate documents flagged for each node.

The problem with using validation for replication is that it simply doesn't
work. The view validation requires that you throw an exception if the
document isn't valid, when you replicate 40,000 documents, couch just
crashes on you. Worse, if you replicate two document and one fails the
validation, none get replicated.

0.10 seems to have a filtering system, but it seems to be working exactly
like validation.

This is quite a big problem for the project I'm working on, can anyone
suggest a better way to deal with this issue?

- Matt