From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best practice: adding an app specific chunk to a document
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 23:16:22 GMT
On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 06:47:36PM -0400, Justin Walgran wrote:
> Is it wrong to "pollute" the existing documents with my extra meta section?
> Are there any thoughts on the best value to use as a key for my data section
> to minimize collisions? Is a single master GUID my only choice?

If CouchDB let us create views on views, I guess the most sensible thing to do
would be to create a view that "injects" your metadata in without altering the
original document. You could then create additional views on top of this. Of
course, there are a whole range of possible scenarios where this wouldn't be
appropriate, but potentially, it's still an interesting idea.

Best,