From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating views in a production system
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:47:50 GMT
Argh... accidentally hit "send" too soon~!!

Awesome, but since I'm still using 0.9 in production, I'll need to do
something else in the meantime.

Will stale=ok queries remain performant during the re-indexing imposed
by pushing an updated design document?

If that's gonna work for me, I'll probably change my deployment
strategy to the following:
  1) flip the "latency" switch on, in a admin page
  2) now all queries use stale=ok
  3) push our new design documents
  4) "prime" a view for each design document
  5) somehow know when the indexing has finished
  6) flip the "latency" switch off
  7) now queries should go to the freshly-built indexes!

Does anyone see glaring problems with this approach?

—ZZ