From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map/Reduce/Merge on the roadmap?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 03:49:26 GMT
Daniel,

The idea has been broached a couple times. I've looked at it some as
have other people. There's enough difference between the M/R/M model
and the built-in M/R view engine that I doubt it'll be added to the
current built-in engine. We've been talking about adding a contrib
directory and a solid implementation of M/R/M would probably be in the
front running for inclusion and motivation to work on integrating
mechanics for adding new types of indexers.

Paul Davis