From Vlad GURDIGA <gurd...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB equivalent of SQL update
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 06:55:08 GMT
Hello!

The CouchDB wiki says "CouchDB provides a bulk insert/update feature.
To use this, you make a POST request to the URI /{dbname}/_bulk_docs,
with the request body being a JSON document containing a list of new
documents to be inserted or updated." So, as far as I can understand,
this means that I first need to read the documents in order to bulk
update them. I wish I am mistaken.

If I need to move products from one category to another, I would that
in SQL with a statement like this:

UPDATE products SET category_id=1 WHERE category_id=2

Is there any way to do that in CouchDB?

Thank you!