From Daniel Tr├╝mper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Updating views while inserting documents
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:25:15 GMT

> Can you avoid processing this field in the view?
>
> Retrieving the view with include_docs=true can still give your users
> the
> complete documents, but those large data would be neiter stored nor
> indexed in
> the view.
Jan has just given a talk in the company I work for and helped me on
this one. Of course I have been doing things wrong in general.

The specific view I was trying to generate was 'give me a set of
unique field values, when the user of my library can choose the field
name'. I did the 'uniqueness' thing in the reduce part which is, as I
have now learnt, very bad :)

Instead I will now generate a new design document for every field on
which the user wants a set of unique values. This way I can allow the
user to choose the fields she wants unique values on, at runtime.
There certainly are better ways of doing this but unfortunately this
is a requirement...

> Gesundheit
>  Wagner
Prost