From Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti Muthusamy <sendto...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB Architectural validation
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:24:33 GMT
Thanks for the reply Damien. I am posting it to the mailing list.

I have another question,
It is again architectural question
If I use Erlang, should I use REST interface or direct  Erlang interface to
couchDB, I think currently Erlang is interfacing with CouchDB through REST
only. It has advantage like fronting with load balancer but if CouchDB has
direct Erlang API, it would alleviate lot of overhead (protocol).
I can still have 2 system load balanced from the web layer and effectively
share between multiple redundant  application.

[1-browser] ------ http (ajax) ----->  [2-load balancer] |-----> [3a-
Mochiweb + Application Code ] -----Erlang Process Communication--->
[CouchDB]

|-----> [3b- Mochiweb + Application Code ] -----Erlang Process
Communication---> [CouchDB]

Erlang Process Communication can be registered process I can sent a async or
sync message to them.