From Daniel Trümper <>
Subject Re: Updating views while inserting documents
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:16:56 GMT
Finally I had the time to investigate a little on this issue.

What I want to do is this:

- Insert documents (via bulk_save)
- after 1,000 documents have been added, call one of the views of my
design document in order to get it indexed.

What I am seeing though is:

- storing the documents works just fine

- "curl http://localhost:5984/_active_tasks" shows this:

   [{"type":"View Group Indexer","task":"docinsider_test _design/
docstore","status":"Processed 449 of 1000 changes

- "curl http://localhost:5984/test" shows this:

   The corresponding view file (test.view) is 468M.

- calling the view takes hours! at the moment: _1_ document every 5