From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB stopped - no reason why?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 06:59:24 GMT
On 24.07.2009, at 02:00, Nicholas Orr wrote:
> I came in this morning to find that CouchDB was not running.
> Looking in the log there was nothing to say why it had stopped.
>> From what I can tell it just went away...
>
> The log level is set to info and the last request was me before I
> went home.
> Is there anything I can set / look at to figure out why couchdb
> chose to
> stop running?

I've had this problem in the past on Debian when using the precompiled
Erlang packages. Throwing that off the system and just installing
Erlang from source made the problem go away. And this was not the
first time I've had obscure (and impossible to debug) problems with
Erlang as a system package on Debian.

Just in case your setup in similar.

Cheers,
--