From Vinubalaji Gopal <vinubal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: something wrong with my views
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:49:28 GMT
> The LOG_ERROR statement will at least give you the opportunity to see
> the document-id (it'll be the one before the crash). If we can trace
> down the document id (or seq-num we can then try to see what the cause
> is.)

Found the document id and I used the stack trace to print the binary
read for the document which was empty for some reason. From the stack
trace I found out that - binary_to_term on an empty binary was
failing. I just patched the couch source to handle empty binaries and
just return something like an invalid type for documents which are
empty. Not sure if that was the right thing to do - your inputs are
welcome.

                              [{erlang,binary_to_term,[<<>>]},
                               {couch_stream,read_term,2},
                               {couch_db,make_doc,5},
                               {couch_db,open_doc_int,3},
                               {couch_db,open_doc,3},
                               {couch_view_updater,process_doc,3},
                               {couch_view_updater,'-update/1-fun-0-',5},
                               {couch_btree,stream_kv_node2,7}]}}